What TV size to choose and what HDMI to use for it
How to choose the right TV size
The right TV size for you depends on a few factors, including:
- Viewing distance: The ideal viewing distance for a TV is between 1.5 and 2.5 times the screen size. For example, if you're sitting 8 feet away from your TV, you'd want a TV that's between 48 and 60 inches diagonally.
- Room size: You don't want your TV to overwhelm your room, so make sure to measure the space where you'll be putting it before you buy.
- Budget: TV prices vary depending on size, features, and brand. Set a budget before you start shopping so you don't overspend.
Here's a quick chart to help you choose the right TV size based on your viewing distance:
| Viewing distance (feet) | Recommended TV size (inches)
| |---|---|---| |
5 | 32-40 |
| 6 | 40-50 |
| 7 | 50-55 |
| 8 | 55-65 |
| 9 | 65-75 |
| 10 | 75-85 |
| 11 | 85-98 |
| 12+ | 98+ |
What HDMI cable to use
HDMI cables are used to connect your TV to other devices, such as game consoles, streaming devices, and Blu-ray players. There are different types of HDMI cables, and the type you need will depend on your TV and the devices you're connecting it to.
Standard HDMI cables: These cables are fine for most TVs and devices. They can support 1080p resolution at 60Hz and 4K resolution at 30Hz. High Speed HDMI cables: These cables are necessary for supporting 4K resolution at 60Hz and HDR. Ultra High Speed HDMI cables: These cables are the best option for supporting 8K resolution and the latest HDMI features.
If you're not sure what type of HDMI cable you need, it's always best to err on the side of caution and buy a High Speed or Ultra High Speed cable.
Tips for choosing the right TV and HDMI cable
Here are a few tips to help you choose the right TV and HDMI cable:
- Read reviews: Before you buy a TV, read reviews from other users to get their opinions on the picture quality, features, and value.
- Compare prices: Once you've narrowed down your choices, compare prices from different retailers to find the best deal.
- Don't forget the accessories: In addition to the TV and HDMI cable, you may also need to purchase a TV stand or wall mount.
I hope this article helps you choose the right TV size and HDMI cable for your needs.