DisplayPort is similar to HDMI in that they are both high-speed digital interfaces. While HDMI is used primarily for consumer electronics equipment, DisplayPort is usually used for computer and peripheral video connections. Even though there are more devices that support HDMI than DisplayPort, it does not mean that HDMI is better as it depends on the specific version. Take DisplayPort 1.4 connector as an example. Read on to find out more about this DisplayPort version and how it is a worthy contender.
An Introduction to DisplayPort 1.4
DisplayPort 1.4 is a standard that was published in March 2016. Below is a list of its key features:
- Total bandwidth of 32.4Gbps
- Max data rate of 25.92Gbps
- Supports 5K displays at 60Hz and 30-bit/px of color
- Supports 4K displays at 120Hz and 24-bit/px of color
- Supports 8K videos via a 4:2:0 pixel structure
- Forward Error Correction (FEC) features transports compressed videos to external displays.
- HDR meta transport supports current CTA 861.3 standard and future dynamic HDR standards thanks to flexible metadata packet transport.
- Connects to two 4K monitors that have pixel resolutions of up to 3840 x 2160.
- Expanded audio transport features support all known audio formats, up to 32 audio channels, and at 1536kHz sample rates.
For best results, ensure that all of your connected devices and their ports fully support DisplayPort 1.4. Keep in mind that some monitors with DP 1.4 actually support a few of its features.
What are the Benefits of DisplayPort 1.4?
Gamers love and trust DisplayPort 1.4 cables because of their high refresh rates and FreeSync functionality. DP has consistently delivered excellent performance on a wide variety of PC gaming display configurations. Gamers experienced butter smooth graphics and eliminated issues such as ghosting and random stutters. For most gamers, multiple monitor capabilities and high resolution are two important criteria for their equipment needs. DisplayPort enables 4K Ultra HD support at 60Hz via a single cable! Users can even create immersive PC gaming experiences through multiple monitors.
Why Shop for DisplayPort 1.4 Cables at Pacroban?
Although DisplayPort 2.0 cables are still not available, getting DisplayPort 1.4 cables is a good choice as it is the preferred standard for PC monitors. Here at Pacroban, we carry high quality DisplayPort 1.4 cables that will meet your needs. What’s more, we offer a 90-day money back guarantee and lifetime warranty on DisplayPort cables that are purchased from our website. Contact us to let us know if you have any questions and our friendly customer representatives will get back to you as soon as possible.